Sunday, July 24, 2011

I like some grit and pink

So, I'm browsing old rags - circa 2006 - and there's a spread in the March issue of House & Garden featuring the home of Sasha Lazard and Michael Mailer (now split). They were guided in the design of their digs by Emma Jane Pilkington (who everybody but me, apparently, knows about). So I thought, I like certain aspects of this place. The use of color, the mix of ethnic and traditional pieces, for instance. So I wanted to post some pictures from online because I don't have a scanner.

While doing a search for decorating pictures, I come across this (and please enlarge to appreciate all the grit)


I love photos of people that show personality. And there's lots of personality in this one - all that gel, that awesome top, the pasty paunch with belly diamond and tattoo, and the fag. (I'm not a smoker, don't endorse smoking, etc., etc, but cigarettes do something for me in photographs.) This is not a picture of Sasha and Michael. I don't know who it is, but I love it - just seedy enough. 

Anywho - here's a couple pics of the decorating






How do you think the look has held up over 5+ years?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see where my club clothes from college ended up ;)

    hahaha found you via bri. me likey

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crappola! You've got me in your blogroll. THANK YOU! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking just a fab now as ever. The rooms, not the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I was so in love with that EJP space.
    Then her website went under construction for years -- literally.
    She's also a gorgeous woman.
    Love the couple shot -- nothing like sex and paunch confidence in this world!
    Cheers, Alcira

    nerochronicles.com

    ReplyDelete

What you got for me?