Saturday, February 12, 2011

To Jere or not to Jere?

Here

modular arts wall w/black granite

fireplace wall

I've gone back and forth about whether or not I want to put something sculptural on this dimensional wall. I like it as it stands, but how about if it had this stuck to it?

glo

It's big. A little over 4 ft. long. 

When I installed the wall, some time ago, I had in mind some of the Jere pom-poms/urchins/starburst thingys scattered about. Then I found the butterflies, and liked the bit of color. And for a second I've changed my mind.

 But maybe I'm just on a butterfly kick. I bought this vintage needlepoint piece on ebay last summer and figured on making it into a pillow for a guest room. 

vintage needlepoint


Edgier may be better.

glo

Or maybe I should worry about something else.

1 comment:

  1. I do love me a good urchin, spines and all, but I'll admit there's a definite poetic justice to the butterflies, winged creatures I'm also a huge fan of.
    Perhaps the butterfly piece would flow better with the undulations on the wall..
    At any rate, either choice is sure to be stunning.
    Alcira

    neropchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete

What you got for me?